Saturday, May 22, 2010

Some Time

I know for a fact that anyone who is trying to change anything about themselves would just love to see results immeadiately, but they never feel like their lives are changing enough. At one point in time I kept a journal for a therapist who liked to read the way I expressed myself on paper. I wrote an entry once that compared the way I lived with diabetes to the way a desolate, depressed drug addict might live. She was impressed, and I think she said something like, "I get it now." Ironically I had the misfortune of shortly later experiencing living as an addict. Guess what? I was right. I was doing the same thing essentially with both. I was poisoning my body, killing myself. I was sick.
The cool thing about what I am trying to do now, is that I have experience with this whole changing my life, changing my future deal. I know to limit my expectations, to keep it simple, take one day (or drop) at a time, I know that it takes Time. I dread the word, Time, but if that's what it takes, you have to be willing to give it. With this knowledge, I'm prepared for the bumps ahead and the frustration that ensues. It still gets to me sometimes though, my lack of desired results these last couple of days. But I'm determined. I'll give it some Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment