Wednesday, May 19, 2010

When Did I Become a Morning Person?

My only problem right now, with my bloodsugar, is my "bedtime" check. I consider myself a morning person, so for the most part I am able to roll out of bed and attack the day. I might not eat after that for a couple of hours, but I check it and get it out of the way. I'll take my insulin when I am ready. Luch is easy because I'm ready to check shortly after I eat breakfast. I'm all about getting some numbers on the board, you know. My schedule is not regular enough (especially having no job) to do everything in it's proper time slot, I do what I can until I can do what I want. Dinner is where I go wrong I think. My goal is to check with sun set. I typically eat not much later than that, so it's a good goal. But I forget some, and lately I've been eating super late. So I'm not checking until like 10 at night. I'm not staying up much past midnight any night.
You see the times don't really match up. And I get so tired the thought barely registers before I deadfall into bed. I'm sick of it by the end of the day. I'm not interested at the moment, you know? I need to stop thinking about it and make it just as regular as all the other stuff. Unlike in the morning, when I wake up knowing I'm gonna roll over and check, at night I've had all day of doing stuff, and I can't imagine adding anything to that list, like "it's ten at night, I'm dead tired, but I need to get up in a few and check my bloodsugar." Yippee Skippee! That's what needs to be done, though, so that's today's goal I guess. I can't wait til the confusion I'll experience switching back to my night shift schedule. I better get this stuff in the bag before I go back to that chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment