Friday, May 14, 2010

Quit Trippin"

One of my complaints (among many) is that checking my bloodsugar is just way too inconvenient. Everything about it. Travelling is especially a difficult situation for me nearly everytime. I went up to Destin to stay with my sister for a long vacation. I travel a lot for a poor, unemployed person. Here is how most of my trips typically pan out. First off, I forget something every single time. This time I forgot to pack enough testing strips, possibly because I'm used to a bottle lasting six months because I never tested. When I figured this out it was 7:30 p.m. and my sister and I were covered in dirt and paint after working at U.S. Gold Gym. It took massive motivation and moral support in order for us to make it to Wal Mart so I could pay the grossly expensive over-the-counter price for the testing strips, go home and check my disgustingly high blood sugar. I could blame the stress of the situation, because after I realized I would have to spend half of my trip money on testing strips I got pissed off and ate 3 cupcakes, thinking "fuck my bloodsugar." Oh well, I got through it and tested. I got my strips. I blogged about it. I can get over a high bloodsugar, but if I quit now, even for one night. Knowing myself, I would not start testing again for awhile if I chose to let myself start slcking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment