Monday, May 17, 2010

This Momentous Day


Yesterday I realized how much I appreciated the changes I've made in my daily living activities. I seem to be able to simplify things a little bit, not feel so sensative and dramatic over every lttle thing. I've always felt like when I am able to truly focus on one major goal, I can actually step right over the smaller (or so I believe, maybe big in the bigger picture) obstacles and finally begin to conquer all of the things I always wanted to. My ambition has returned to me in such full force that I was temporarily overwhelmed, but my fears are discredited for the time being and I feel hot! I'm ready to roll!
Exercise, diet and health conscious choices have again become of interest to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing Zumba and lickin' lettuce, but I am taking bunches of walks and sprinkling my day with fun light-to-moderate activity, such a working at Elaina's gym and stretching. Along with the new action, I am morphing my diet into something more resembling a healthy diabetic's normal diet. Eating a lot of toast, sandwhiches, fruit and vegetables instead of Ramen and Pop Tarts. Like I said, far, far from where I want to be, but I'm really diggin' just gettin' on the road and making this trip. I am throwing stones in the pond on this momentous day knowing that the affects will be rippling through the water for far longer than I could even imagine.
I have decided to begin a food log and maybe even a medicine log to go along with my bloodsugar log, and then I'm gonna try and add them as a page on the blog. What do you think? Just like when I look down at the bad bloodsugars and get depressed, when I look at the good ones, I get pumped. Why shouldn't this work with everything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment