Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Early Bird Gets the Worm

I have a common skin infection known as ringworm. On your foot ringwirm is known as Athlete's Foot, on a dude's groin it is called Jock Itch. I've got Athlete's Foot on my hip and Jock Itch on my side-boob. Dangit. It is more than usual afflicted on children and babies, which is where it started, with Kellan, my lovely nephew. He had scalp ringworm that went away with oral meds, gave it to my sister, Victoria, who's went away with tanactin, and then she gave it to me. Mine has broken out and spread all down my right side. I feel like a leper. I believe it is affecting my bloodsugar negatively, causing them to elevate. As you might know any kind of infection or ailment can sabotage your diabetes. I'm not positive because I don't have a primary care physician to check this out with me. My dad does have an HMO in Colorado that I'm covered under, which is the only way that I get supplies, but all I can do from Florida is email my doctor or go to an emergency room. The first option will most likely prove to be unhelpful without a physical check-up, though I will do it anyways, and the second option seems a little extreme, don't you think? Oh well, I'll just continue to be extra hygenic and rub on some tanactin twice a day. I'll also continue to act accordingly if this little pest of a condition is affecting my diabetes any. All we can do, right? When the punches keep on coming? Roll with 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment