Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pump It

Last Sunday I had a really cool time with my sister and some friends, and I was surprised and kind of excited to be seated right across from another type 1 diabetic at dinner. Something like that doesn't happen every day, as you might be aware. It's nice to have positive exchanges and experiences on which to reflect. After a decent afternoon wading on the sandbar with Elaina and Matt in Panama City Beach, we all went with some friends to see a reggae band (that I loved) called Heritage. I only knew a few of the people in attendance of our party, but I love meeting people and havig new conversations with people. Needless to say, I'm pretty good at it. So when I discovered this guy had a pump I started asking all kinds of questions about it, about how it makes daily living and control more convenient. I believe his pump was a NovoPump or something like that. It had the regular old hook up, with the wire. Then, suddenly I couldn't stop promoting the OmniPod to him. He was older and had been diabetic for about 20 years, but he had never heard of OmniPod. I explained as much about it as I could, gave him the website, but I neglected to tell him about my blog. My first real attempt to network in a place and situation where I was meeting new people, and I didn't get as much as the name of my blog out of my mouth. Oh well, I achieved one of my goals which is spreading the good word. A regular life goal for me at all times concerning all things (but not all subjects in all social situations, mind you). Maybe I get a little insecure. It was nice to mingle with people and see a new potential audience (if I can get over myself), and meet another type one with whom to discuss our differences and similarities concerning all that has affected us. The night was chill and happy, I felt good, and the band could "be heard on the other side of this town." My blood sugars have been behaving themselves (it's a miracle!) and I think my ringworm is even getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment