Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Under the Boardwalk


Just got back from my fun-filled trip to Daytona, it was awesome! I spent plenty of time on the beach, my favorite place in the world, playing in the ocean and riding three wheeler bikes up and down the surf's edge. The entire time I had my new trusty pod attached with a little extra adhesive added, and even though I fretted about it obsessively, it held tight to my skin like it was a part of me. While I was there I got very comfortable with working my PDM, treating it as if it was already my little artificial pancreas. I also changed my first pod by myself, which also went very well. Again, I was a little nervous, but it went without a hitch. Good times. I did get a few stares on the beach, but nothing too distracting. I'm sure most people just haven't seen a pump like this, and it does look a little funny. It's nice that I had the chance to test it out at the beach and also that I got to test out my skills on the PDM before I quit the shots for good.
Saturday I make the big switch from needles to the insulin filled Omnipod Pump. I'm so excited! No more shots! No more shots! It's gonna be so wonderfully weird.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    That's a HOT pod, my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear that it is going well Jessica. Sometimes people think Dexter is a pod...Joe get some strange ol' stares...oh well.

    I am so excited for you to see Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete