Thursday, September 30, 2010

Good Morning Sunshine!


It's a BEAUTIFUL morning! Yes, bgs have begun to simmer down a bit, but the great p about it is that all of the fluctuations are, for the most part, explainable. Naturally, I still have to tweak my different rates and work with my pump coach on figuring out how to best do that. The lat week has been pretty exhausting because on top of the two hour checks, I've also been taking care of my sister who just had major ankle reconstruction and my 22-month old nephew who is, needless to say, quite a handful. So, in between feeding, handing out beverages, medicine, pillows and blankets, bath time, nap time and general support I am checking sugars, counting carbs and still learning my new tech; however, the stress is not overwhelming me(which is new to me) due to the great support I have from family and friends. People I would have never would have thought would have been interested in any of this are actually excited about it. It's a good feeling. I feel good about my pump. Better days are actively on their way, and I'm just enjoying the ride for today. I've been able to wake up every morning for the last week knowing that, barring an emergency, I do not have to take an injection, and I think to myself, "Good Morning Sunshine!"

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sunshine indeed. Glad it is going well and you are an awesome sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post! That's one heckuva pretty pod, btw :)

    You're running a regular infirmary over there!

    ReplyDelete